- Increased blood flow, more oxygen to muscles
- Removes metabolic waste, faster recovery from exercising
- Reduced risk of muscle cramps
- Keeps feet warm by regulating the body temperature in an optimal way
- Ideal for travel or long periods of standing, prevents swelling of legs and feet
- Supports optimal stance and posture
The high level of Merino wool (50%) has multiple benefits during skiing. With Merino wool Alpine Skiing Socks closest to your body you will stay warm during cold weather and cool during warm climate. If you lower the intensity of your activity, merino wool will keep you warm even if you are sweaty since the material wicks away moisture.
- Thermo regulating
- Softer and stronger toe & heel area
- Reinforced areas
Materials & care
50 % Merino wool / 25 % Nylon / 25% Lycra
This sock has the highest possible Oeko-Tex -ranking, so you know for sure, that this is 100% free from harmful substances.
- Wash in 30°C
- Do not iron, bleach, dry clean or tumble dry
- No need for fabric softeners
- Turn inside out before washing
- Use a washing bag
Benefits of Compression Socks for Alpine Skiing and Snowboarding
It may seem to many that wearing tight-fitting socks or clothing during the cold weather is counterintuitive. That’s because most people believe that tight garments will restrict blood circulation and would cause one to become colder. Most ski socks are bulky wool items or a combination of wool and synthetic fibers and are often quite expensive. They have a tendency to get wrinkled and/or bunch up.
Graduated compression socks (and other compression garments) actually improve blood flow due to their graduated nature. It forces blood up to the heart to increase oxygenation. Because of this increased circulation, your body will actually generate more heat; thus, compression socks can keep your feet warmer during a day of skiing or other winter sports. Other benefits provided by compression socks and calf sleeves include: Calf muscle support for better/proper alignment, increase stamina and exhaustion and soreness can be delayed
There are other benefits provided by compression socks for Alpine skiing including keeping your muscles loose and warm to provide fast reaction times on the slopes. Additionally, these socks can also prevent blisters and sore spots on the feet, shin, and ankles.